There’s something about idlis that makes them irresistible. Maybe the soft, fluffy texture feels like clouds on your tongue. Or perhaps the delicious combination of spices and lentils gives them a unique flavor. Whatever it is, we can’t get enough of them! But what’s the best way to make idlis soft and fluffy?
- Tips To Make Your Idlis Softer And Fluffier
The answer, as any idli lover will tell you, is rice. Idlis are usually served with sambar (a type of vegetable stew) and chutney (a kind of sauce or dip) and make for a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack.
We prefer using AMKrishna rice by AMKKrishna as it is cultivated using traditional methods and is perfect for making idlis. It is also ideal for making other South Indian dishes such as dosas and Pongal.
Steps To Follow –
- Soak the raw rice for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible, and it will help soften it and make it easier to grind.
- If you’re using idli rice, there’s no need to add any other type of lentils to the batter. However, if you’re using any other variety, you may want to add a bit of urad dal (black lentils) to the batter, and it will help bind the batter and give the idlis a bit of extra flavour.
- When grinding the idli rice, make sure to do it in small batches. It will help prevent it from becoming too sticky and difficult to work with.
- Once the batter is smooth and creamy, let it sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking, allowing the batter to expand and give the idlis light and airy texture.
- When you’re ready to cook the idlis, steam them in a special idli steamer. These steamers can be found in most Indian grocery stores or online.
- Don’t forget to grease the idli molds before steaming the idlis – this will help them come out quickly.
- Once the idlis are cooked, they can be served with sambar and chutney, or enjoy them on their own!
Follow these tips and enjoy the light and fluffy idlis that melt in your mouth! You’ll be amazed at the difference it makes! With a bit of know-how and some practice, you’ll be whipping up batch after batch of perfect idlis in no time. So what are you waiting for? Get started on your soft and fluffy idli journey today!