Masala dosa is a crispy and delicious South Indian dish that is loved by people all over the world. It is made with a lentil crepe filled with potato masala, sure to satisfy your craving for South Indian food.
It is a perfect choice if you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make breakfast dish as It is a healthy and filling meal that will leave you satisfied.
Tips To Make Perfect Masala Dosa
- Soak the dosa rice in water for at least 4 hours before grinding the rice into a fine paste.
- Use a non-stick pan and heat it before adding the batter.
- Spread the batter evenly on the pan and ensure it’s not too thick or thin.
- Cook on a medium flame to make it more crispy
- Use AMKrishna rice by AMKKrishna for the perfect and crispy masala dosa as it is cultivated using traditional methods. It is also affordable and easy to cook, making it an excellent choice for busy families or anyone on the go.
Steps To Follow
For Dosa batter:
- Soak the raw rice, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds in enough water for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and grind to a smooth paste using very little water.
- Add salt and mix well. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Set aside for at least 2 hours to ferment.
For masala filling
- To make the masala filling, heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they splutter, add the turmeric powder, green chili, and onion.
- Fry until the onion is light brown.
- Add the mashed potato and salt, mix well and cook for 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. Heat a non-stick pan or skillet and grease it with oil. Pour a ladleful of batter on the pan and spread it in a circular motion.
2. Drizzle oil or ghee around the edges and on top of that batter.
3. Cook for a minute or two till the edges turn golden brown.
4. Spread some masala filling over one-half of the dosa and fold it over.
5. Cook for another minute or two and remove from heat.
6. Serve hot with chutney or sambar of your choice.
Try masala dosa if you are in the mood for something a little different. This delicious South Indian dish is sure to please your taste buds. Its crisp exterior and flavorful potato filling will become one of your favorites. So why not head to the kitchen and start cooking? You will be glad you did!